We’ve been National Trust members for quite sometime now, making the most out of it when T started walking.
What we love about the locations within the National Trust is that you’re always spoilt for choice when it comes to what to do. The majority of the locations often come with historic buildings, but if that’s not your cup of tea then there is always a picturesque walk to enjoy – whether it’s woodland, gardens, or open fields. And if that doesn’t float your boat then there’s always the cafe that serve some of the best tea and cake!
Trying to pick a favourite location is like trying to pick your favourite chocolate bar. It depends on your mood. Sometimes I fancy exploring a castle. Sometimes I want to walk through the woods. But whatever I fancy, I know that the National Trust will be able to provide.
With this in mind, I’ve decided to share my top 5 favourite locations incase you’re just as stuck as me when it comes to choosing where to go next. It was a tough decision, as they’re all so unique in their own right, but here it is…
My Top 5 National Trust locations within the South East.
5) Bodiam Castle. We visited Bodiam Castle for the first time exactly one year ago today and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. T wasn’t walking yet, but he enjoyed touching the old castle walls and watching the ducks swim around the moat! Did you know that Bodiam Castle is one of the very few castles that still have a working moat?
4) Nymans. I think I must visit Nymans at least once a month. It’s just the right distance away from us to squeeze in a nap in the car as well as being just the right size for a toddler to explore without wanting a carry halfway round. Nymans has a lovely choice of gardens to explore as well as a wood if you have a dog in tow.
3) Standen Park. This was a recent find just a few weeks ago when everyone was back to their normal self after sickness and broken bones. Standen Park could easily be our number one thanks to their glorious open spaces and thick woods but I just wish it was that little bit closer to us. I don’t mind a drive, but they’re often reserved for weekends when we can make a day of it.
2) Scotney Castle. We visited Scotney Castle after our underwater photoshoot, and what a find it was. After exploring the gorgeous country house you’re suddenly presented with a moat house within the woodland estate! On top of this is your choice of romantic gardens and trails. We didn’t have time to fit it all in when we visited, but we’ll certainly be revisiting here when the weather gets better.
1) Sheffield Park. *sigh* Sheffield Park. It has the best of everything. Although one of the very few locations that don’t have a house or manor to explore, it makes up for it in ornamental gardens and lakes! I thoroughly enjoy visiting Sheffield Park as the flat paths are perfect for wobbly toddlers and the woods that run on the outskirts of the lakes are perfect for dog walks and a picnic.
Fancy Your Own National Trust Adventure?
If you’re not a National Trust member don’t worry! The lovely folks at the National Trust have very kindly offered a family pass for TWO lucky winners (one each) to celebrate T turning two in just under a months time! One lucky winner will win one family pass to explore a location of their choice (although some exclusions do apply – please check terms and conditions within the link!).
To enter, follow the link below:
Terms & Conditions
(further T&C’s do apply and can be found within the link)
Open to UK residents only.
Two (2) winners will win one (1) ‘National Trust Family Pass’ each. The prize will be sent via ‘The National Trust’ and not via LesBeMums.
Family single-admission passes: National Trust family admission passes admit two adults and two children aged 5-17 (or 1 adult and 3 children) for a single use at one of hundreds of participating National Trust places in England, Wales and Northern Ireland – see pass for exclusions and full terms and conditions of use.
No cash alternative. Prize is non-transferrable.
Closing date: Midnight (00:00) on 09/04/17. Winner chosen between 09/04/17 and 11/04/17. Winner will be contacted by email within 48 hours after the giveaway ends. The winner has one month from the closing date to claim their prize, after which point a new winner will be chosen.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. We hereby release Facebook of any liability.
This giveaway is run by Lesbemums in conjunction with ‘The National Trust’.
If you have any additional questions – feel free to send us an email!
Psst! Fancy a little something for your toddler to ride around whilst enjoying these lovely locations? Pop along to our other giveaway where you could also win a Toddlebike2!