Another month, another blogger to chat to as part of my ‘Person Behind the Parent’ feature!
Last month, we spoke to Hayley from Devon Mama where they told us they’d like to be adopted by The Obamas and that Karma is indeed a b*tch.
This month, we chat to Naomi from Life by Naomi. A blogger who runs The Organised Life Project alongside their career, their family, and their commitments to their church and their community.
1) Please introduce yourself…
I’m Naomi. I’m a mum to 2 small boys, a wife, a teacher and a blogger.
2) Where can we find you?
I’ll start with some easy ones…
3) What’s your favourite food?
Chocolate. Biscuits. Chocolate biscuits.
4) What’s your favourite film?
5) What’s your favourite book?
6) Do you have any hobbies?
Blogging and reading.
7) Tell us one guilty pleasure.
Singing at the top of my voice to the soundtrack to Les Miserables.
8) Tell us something quirky about yourself.
I’ve never eaten a McDonalds breakfast.
9) Tell us something we don’t know about you.
I’m really good at building train tracks. It’s a skill I did not know I possessed before having children.
10) One word to describe yourself would be…
Now some harder ones…
11) Children aside, what has been your proudest moment?
Graduating from my PGCE teaching qualification, and then results my students have achieved since.
12) Children aside, what has been your biggest achievement?
Probably owning my own home.
13) If you could meet one person (dead or alive) who would it be and what would you say?
Oh, so many! Probably Shakespeare – I teach his plays and poetry every year, so I’d love to get the inside perspective.
14) If you weren’t where you are now, where would you be? What would you be doing?
In my dreams, I’d be in a super-swish spa somewhere tropical, all expenses paid. That’s my dream.
15) If you could be one person for the day who would it be?
The minister for Education. Oh, the changes I’d make!!
16) If you could travel to one place in the whole world where would you go?
Norway to see the Northern Lights.
17) If you could learn one thing, what would it be?
Photography. I think it’s an incredible talent. I’d also love to be able to dance properly.
18) If you could tell yourself one thing, what would it be?
Think about what you can control. That’s the only thing you have to take responsibility for. Everything else is not.
19) Where is your happy place?
Usually, with my family. But sometimes, in a cafe with a laptop and no-one else.
20) What is your life metaphor or mantra?
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid – John 14:27