Liebster… German For “Favourite”.
So when the gorgeous Andy from The Gayby Project, nominated us for a Liebster Award, I was completely shocked. Not only were we nominated for something that I thought only professional (if that’s the right word) bloggers competed for, but we were nominated at a time where we are doing very little work – especially over the past few weeks.
If you’re not already aware, a liebster award is for the smaller bloggers. Small bloggers that perhaps have around 200 or so followers. The point of the award is to give recognition to those either starting out or quite simply haven’t got as many followers as the bigger fish with thousands of followers.
So here’s how it works:
Copy & Paste this whole post and replace all your information — who awarded you, for example.
1. Thank the Liebster Blog presenter who nominated you and link back to their blog.
2. Post 11 facts about yourself, answering the 11 questions you were asked and create 11 questions for your nominees.
3. Nominate 11 blogs who you feel deserve to be noticed and leave a comment on their blog letting them know they have been chosen.
4. Display the Liebster Award logo.
5. No tag backs meaning you can’t just re nominate the person who nominated you.
As Solo, the First, put it “The real purpose behind these nominations are not only as an accolade from a fellow blogger and let’s face it, nothing gently strokes our little writer hearts more than someone telling you they appreciate your work. In addition to the back patting we need to receive from time to time, it also allows us to get a little more personal as we get to know our increasing blogging community. It also helps drive traffic to your site as we reference one another.”
The questions put forth to me (with my answers) are as follows:
1) What’s the most beautiful thing you’ve ever created? A toughie. At first, I was going to answer with something very physical like my garden or a meal I’ve cooked, however nothing really compares to the life S and I have created. It truly is beautiful and we haven’t even completed it yet!
2) If a movie was made of your life, who would play you? I would like to say P!nk as, like her, I have a big mouth but I think I’d have to lose a few stone first. Perhaps someone like Dawn French or another comedienne.
3) Most memorable dream ever? Oh god. I had this dream once where I was being chased by this man. I turned round, went to kick him in the goolies but then I woke just before and kicked the wall, breaking by big toe. I have many dreams, but this is the most memorable.
4) Creamy peanut butter or smooth. And WHY? Aren’t they the same? I like crunchy 100% and this is purely for flavor.
5) The literary character you’d most like to hang out with? Sirius Black, or pretty much anyone from Harry Potter.
6) Words of wisdom for the next generation? It’ll be all right in the end.
7) What song is currently soundtracking your life? Wow. This is hard!! I currently have Ellie Goulding – Anything Could Happen on repeat but I really enjoy any epic soundtrack like the Inception soundtrack or a Batman soundtrack.
8) What quality about your parents do you have but wish you didn’t? My temper. I’m part Greek so I have a very fiery temper that, although takes a while to build, when it goes it goes.
9) What do you want to be when you grow up? Absolutely no idea. I thought I was doing something pretty awesome, that could make a difference, but I’m slowly finding that there will always be “red tape” or something to hold you back. I’d love to do something creative like a painter and decorator, or a gardener.
10) How do you take your coffee? Milky and sweet and ideally from Starbucks.
11) If you could live in any time period (excepting the present), where and when would you live? Love this question. I’d love to go back to the Tudor period in old England specifically in the country, without the disease and plague, of course. I just think it was all very exquisite.
Here are my nominations (in no particular order). By the way, I have no idea how many followers these guys have – I just love reading them.
- The Gayby Project
- Lesbian Mum to Be
- Wait. lesbian. Pregnant. How?
- Just Add Water
- The Mamas Rapscallion
- Mondays with Mac
- Two Moms to Be
- Misadventures in Babymaking
- Sacha Black
Here are my 11 questions:
- If you could be any person (dead) from history, who would you be and why?
- If you could be any person (alive) from history, who would you be and why?
- What song would best describe you?
- What would be you last meal on death row?
- What’s your favourite condiment?
- What animal are you most like?
- Who would you like to represent you in a film? (This is a stolen question but is an awesome question – sorry!)
- Sunny day or rainy day?
- What is your favorite moment in history?
- Old School/Vintage or Futuristic?
- Who would you swap places with for the day?