I’ve probably packed and re-packed these bags half a dozen times, and even after packing them for what I think is the last time, I still panic that I haven’t got everything and unpack it again.
You can find lots of help online as to what to take, but here’s what our bags look like:-
1) Baggy T-Shirt and Shorts
Although I’ll be wearing my normal clothes to the hospital, as well as taking a change of clothes for when I go home, I thought it would be useful to have something more comfortable to change into and wear around the hospital for check ups, etc. I purposefully went and bought something new (and cheap) so that I didn’t have to throw anything I liked away. 2) Leggings Again, something more comfortable to wear but more so incase I get cold / don’t want to wear shorts. 3) Underwear! Mainly for when I go home. 4) Socks (Grip socks and a change of socks) 5) Nursing Bra
6) Slippers Incase I want something warmer. 7) Disposable Pants I’ve heard you need a lot of these… 8) Maternity Pads As above… 9) Toiletries My toiletry bag includes: – Shampoo & Conditioner (you never know). – Shower Gel (you never know).
– Towel (not in picture).
– Hair Product.
– Hair Brush.
– Toothbrush & Toothpaste.
– Moist/Clean fresh wipes
– Anti-Bac Gel.
– Fan. 10) Breast Pads See 7 & 8 – I’ve decided to grab all the freebie ones I’ve received in Bounty Packs and from Baby Shows. This means I a) don’t have to open or take a new box and b) they’re pretty sterile already.
1) Nappy Bags. 2) Sensitive Wipes. 3) Nappies. 4) Vests in varying sizes. 5) Mittens, Booties/Socks, and Hat (incase it’s cold). 6) Going home outfit which can be amended depending on weather. 7) Muslins (not in photo). 8) Blanket for going home (not in photo as S was still deciding which one!) 9) Our Snugglbundl (not in photo as last minute grab).
S’s Bag / Misc Bag
2) iPad. 3) iPod. 4) Chargers for said electronics. 5) Speaker for iPod.
6) Camera 7) Colouring Books and Pens/Pencils (you never know!) 8) Food (I know S won’t eat if she has to stay with me at the hospital; and hospital cafes are extortionate, so even though these are provisions for me, I based these to feed S as well) – 2 x soft drinks – 2 x Glucose based drink for energy (Lucozade) – Bottled water (with straw style cap for easy drinking) – Mini Cheddars (was thinking of something small but filling, but not too greasy). – Jaffa Cakes (as above). – Skittles. – Boiled Sweets. 9) Neck Cushion for S. 10) Pregnancy Pillow for me. 11) Hoodie.
We’ve probably packed way too much, but going on a couple of other blogs of recent; where ladies have had to stay in for days, I’m not taking any chances! Hopefully, by packing so much, it’ll mean I’m in and out in a jiffy.
Finally, don’t forget the car/seat! Most hospitals won’t let you leave until they’ve seen you with the car seat – some even come out and check it’s been installed correctly.
Am I missing anything? If you have any other hints and tips re what to pack in the hospital bag(s), let us know!