7 Reasons I Love Babywearing
If follow us on Instagram, you’ll already know that I love Babywearing. Don’t get me wrong, I love our pram, and often get buggy-envy, but having T close to me is something really special.
From the first time I went to a sling library, to the moment I got to grips with a woven, it’s been fun (in a sweaty, frustrating, why-won’t-he-go-any-higher kinda way).
1. You can multi-task. Cooking? Cleaning? Gardening (OK, maybe not). There have been countless times I’ve needed to keep my Velcro baby calm whilst still trying to get on with stuff, and 9 times out of 10 the cuddle of a wrap has helped. It’s also been there for when Oscar has needed a walk at the same time as T needing a nap!
2. Bonding. Closeness is crucial to a babies’ development, so investing in Babywearing promotes this 100%.
3. Feeding on the go. Although I haven’t quite mastered feeding T on the move, I’ve given it a good go, especially when T’s only needed little top up after waking from a nap.
5. Calories! Regardless of whether I’ve just walked the dog or popped to the shops, it’s likely I would have burnt a extra calories. More cake!
7. It’s fun but addictive! Thanks to the different colours and designs, it’s very doubtful that once you find your carrier you’ll stop at one. It’s not helped with the endless Babywearing selling pages that keep popping up!
My first taste of Babywearing was in the form of a stretchy wrap. It’s forgiving fabric meant I could quickly put T into a basic carry and we’d both be comfortable for the duration of cooking dinner.
If, like me, you could do with something similar, the lovely folk over at WeMadeMe are giving away a The Wuti Wrap™ (RRP £49.99) which is a hybrid, two-way stretchy wrap made from a unique, breathable material that stretches both lengthways and crossways. The innovative combination of both woven and stretchy fabrics ensures it is super-strong and flexible – perfect for wrapping baby in!
The first nine months of baby’s life is when they crave the most comfort and security. The wrap, therefore, enables baby to make a gentle transition from womb to wearer with as little separation as possible.
It is so comfy and the best bit of all it is so lightweight and fits in a teeny pouch so you can have it with you always!
To enter, follow the link below (T&C’s in link). Good Luck!